Year 5 have been working really hard at home to design and make a model boat which floats on water.
Well done everyone, they look fantastic!
We’ve had a fantastic day visiting the Year 6’s Campaign stalls. We’ve listened to their speeches persuading us to vote for them. Well done to all the Year 6 children.
We’ve had a fun start to the new unit of music for this half term. Our unit is Livin’ On A Prayer. We are studying Rock music and how it has developed from the Beatles onwards. We will be analysing performances from different rock bands and learn to sing a variety of Rock songs.
This week we have listened to Livin’ On A Prayer which is a classic rock song from the 80s. Formed in 1983, Bon Jovi is an American rock band from New Jersey named after it’s lead singer Jon Bon Jovi. The band became known for writing several rock anthems and achieved widespread recognition with their third album, Slippery when Wet, released in 1986.
We listened to the music and discussed these questions:
Do you like the song?
What can you hear?
What is the style of the music?
How is the song put together?
Which instruments plays the solo?
Why don’t you have a try at home!
Welcome to your space to write on the Lever House Primary Blog site! A few quick tips before you delete this automated blog post:
- Make sure your first post is an exciting and engaging one!
- Ask your children what they think of the blog and what they would like to see on it. Act on their recommendations.
- Make sure your blog demonstrates to your children how much you personally love learning. Your example will be powerful.
- Celebrate your children’s achievements and consider them the primary audience for this blog.
- Use hyperlinks to connect your children with content from other classes around your school, other websites and other schools around the globe.
- Commit these tips to memory and then delete them. They will self-destruct anyway if this blog exhibits any signs of being boring.
This blog will be what you make it. Enjoy!